Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

Christina Aguilera visits villages in the Guatemalan highlands near Lake Atitlan

Christina Aguilera - My Reflection album coverImage via Wikipedia

Author Tom Johnson

9-29-09


Christina Aguilera Sees Hunger First Hand In Guatemala


Christina Aguilera and her husband Jordan Bratman traveled with WFP to villages in the Guatemalan highlands near Lake Atitlan, where up to 80 percent of the indigenous children are malnourished. Guatemala has the fourth highest child malnutrition rate in the world.


Quoted by Christina Aguilera; “I wanted to see with my own eyes what hunger means,” she said. “I don’t think I can ever forget these images. The people of WFP do such a great job helping hungry children and mothers. I’m thankful for the opportunity to be part of such a wonderful project and incredible team.”






Read More:



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]